Monday, September 27, 2010

Wait, WHAT?!

Ha. So my dad is not coming to town in November now. He's coming next weekend. Let's take another look at the list, eh?

1) Paint my kitchen walls & cabinets & pantry.
2) Paint living room
3) Paint bathrooms
4) Get water shutoffs fixed
5) Clean/organize garage
6) Clean/organize 2nd bedroom
7) Paint/organize hall closets
8) Map out/clear garden beds
9) Map out/dig out garden path
10) Slipcovers for sofa/chair
11) Paint foyer

I, uh, cleaned/organized my garage... Yeah, that's it. It's only been a week, FFS. So, no housewarming party while he's here because I'm not gonna magically find an extra 7 weeks laying around here.

Meh.

I'm gonna work on my kitchen this week but who knows if that will get "done" done. I also need to work on the 2 bedroom because I'm gonna make my dad work while he's here. Need to have a clear space to stand while I point up at the ceiling & say, "Put in an accessible attic access... Mmkay? Thx. And maybe throw some insulation around while you're up there! Double thx." Also, "Put a door on this basement doorway... Mmkay? Thx." I may also tell him the list for future visits:
  • New front steps & porch railing!
  • Replace this sliding door!
  • Build me some bookshelves in this closet!
  • Close off this extra door w/drywall!
  • Knock out this back wall in my living room & replace it w/floor to ceiling windows & a pivoting glass door that opens onto a modern deck!
OK, not really the last one. Unless I win el lottery. But for now, just those 2 simple (for him) tasks that he can probably do in 1 day. He's just bought (another) house (ugh*) so I imagine he'll mostly be working over there while he's here.

But anyway, I'm not giving up on my list just because my deadline is jacked. I'm still pushing for November to finish the listed items because I want this shit done. It's not like this is the "my house is finished, I can relax now" list... this is more the, "Let's get these little things done so I can relax a little bit before I make the big scary expensive list for the next 10 years."

Woohoo.

*I can barely stand owning one house. So the idea of owning FOUR is just hideous to me. But, meh... to each his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a member of the The Anti-Hate Blogger Gang, and leaving anonymous, hateful comments is not allowed. Please be nice.