Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just Say No... to Garage Sales

I've decided to not have a garage sale. I've been going back & forth with it since I started this de-stuffing project and finally today I said, "Enough. Just donate it ASAP & get it out of your face."

I have had a successful garage sale before. One. Out of... 10? And by successful, I mean I made a few hundred bucks *because* I sold one big item for a few hundred bucks. But *most* sales, I'm lucky to get $50 out of and they are a lot of work. And then at the end, you either haul the junk back into your house for the next sale (bad) or you take it somewhere & donate it right away (better). When it comes down to it, there are much more fun/useful things I would like to do with my free time this summer. And while I could always use a few extra bucks, I simply don't want this stuff anymore. And having it sitting around waiting to maybe be sold is frustrating me. So to me it's a much better deal to give it away sooner then hope someone will give me a tiny fraction of what I originally paid for it later.

Now, there may be exceptions... for instance, Powells.com has started offering credit for used books online. So maybe some of my nicer/newer books that I don't want anymore, I could sell & pick up something (used) to read. Also, there are things, like the GIANT record player (spoiler alert! hee) that came w/my house that may just head to the curb. It will probably be more likely to get picked up by the Sanford & Son metal people for it's internal bits then bring any money to Goodwill. And the hassle of getting it to Goodwill doesn't seem worth it. And maybe, maybe, there will be a couple of things I will deem worthy of trying to craigslist or ebay away. But I kinda doubt I'll even go to that trouble for bigger items.

I actually thought of setting it all in my driveway & advertising as a Free Market type of thing but even that is a lot of work on top of a trip to donate it.

I just want it gone & I don't want anything to stand in my way! Bwahahahahaha... hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a member of the The Anti-Hate Blogger Gang, and leaving anonymous, hateful comments is not allowed. Please be nice.