Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sinking Inspiration

I have 2 full bathrooms that need updated... I've got about a million ideas. As usual. And as usual, I have very little money to execute said ideas. It will probably be months before anything is started but I want to get all my ideas in one place. Best to think ahead, eh?

Both bathrooms are quite small & the current layouts leave much to be desired (like space, space is much desired). The first one I'm going to focus on is 8'x4.7' & blue. Blue sink, blue toilet, tiny blue tiled shower, blue speckled Formica vanity. Oh... and a hideous mirrored wall. And wallpaper. And ugly light fixture. And only a subfloor after I ripped up the nasty carpet (carpet in bathrooms = nasty. always. the end) And it has a door at each end. There is nothing I like about this bathroom.

First up on the idea gathering list: Sinks!

The current vanity is 30" wide x 22" deep. It is (did I mention this already?) UGLY. I think it takes up too much space for this size bathroom. So, here are a few ideas for the replacement... Let's start with something dreamy that I cannot afford!

This loverly sink is from DWR... it's currently 1/2 off and still a completely unaffordable (for moi) $655. But oh, she is pretty. About 24", built in towel rack, & wall-mounted to open up the cramped space a bit. (sigh) I just had to post this one to get it out of my system.

Moving on... other wall-mounted options: This option is from overstock & only $117. It's OK. This one is from IKEA and $160. It's super cute.

The next three are vessel sinks... This Kohler one caught my eye at Lowes... I believe it's about $150. Also Kohler, also Lowes... no idea on the price on this. Here's another one from Overstock. I love the rectangular shape of this one.

That may be it for tonight... I will probably do another sink post before I put my final idea together. This is a good start though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a member of the The Anti-Hate Blogger Gang, and leaving anonymous, hateful comments is not allowed. Please be nice.