Thursday, January 20, 2011

Delicious Things

So I've been doing this food thing so far this year... I eat a lighter vegetarian diet M-F and then can enjoy my usual carnivorous self on the weekends. I plan on doing this for, oh, the next 6 months. At least. This easily keeps me away from fast food & (most) overly-processed foods. And the best way I've found to keep it up is to make a fall back weekday meal (or two) on Sunday.

The first week, I made a chili w/black-eyed peas & this Sundried Tomato Risotto. Week two I made baked tortellini to which I added many veggies & mushrooms. I also "invented" the most awesome breakfast sandwich ever that week. I will share that at a later date. And this week, I made a hacked version of this fantastic Sweet Potato & Black Bean Mexican Lasagna. It sounded delicious just the way she made it, but in an effort to "use what I have," I made a couple of adjustments.

I used two bags of Alexia Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potatoes that I already had which I added a can of black beans. So I used that for the veggies & beans. I left out the spices because the frozen potatoes come w/a spiced olive oil mix. I couldn't find green chili sauce at the grocery so I just substituted 2 cans of diced green chilies. And, as much as I wanted to will a "hard sharp cheddar goat cheese" (OMG that sounds awesome) into existence at Giant Eagle in NEO, I ended up settling for a crumbled goat cheese.

But other than that, it was exactly the same. Ha! No really, this is one of the most delicious things I've ever had. I would have never thought of a dish like this on my own.

So go check out Kathleen's recipe (and gorgeous photos) and, seriously, try it. YUMYUMYUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a member of the The Anti-Hate Blogger Gang, and leaving anonymous, hateful comments is not allowed. Please be nice.