Monday, January 3, 2011

(minus)365 :: Day 3


26. Old dehumidifier
This is one of those things. Those things that come with your house. Here we have a dehumidifier that was left in the basement. Just like that... sitting on top of 4 rusty old paint cans. I knew it worked because it was running every time I looked at the house. And since those things are expensive, I ignored the fugliness & kept it thru the winter until it would be useful. Summer came along & indeed it would have been handy in our humid little state. Unfortunately, instead of draining thru the attached hose, it deposited all the water it collected on the floor below it. Thus the fancy paint can trick, I guess. I tried a couple of fixes to no avail... so when fall came around, I picked up a shiny new dehumidifier on sale. You can see it in the background sneaking up on the old one to stab it in the back. Tomorrow, the old broken one is heading out to the curb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a member of the The Anti-Hate Blogger Gang, and leaving anonymous, hateful comments is not allowed. Please be nice.