Saturday, January 1, 2011

(minus)365 :: Day 1

Day 1 of my year-long-purging-of-material-crap challenge started off iffy... as in, I didn't even remember the challenge until about 4:00 in the afternoon. But I rallied. Hell yeah, I rallied. Here's what I subtracted from my life today:


1. buttons from old jobs
2. angels from old collection
3. pedometer
4. watch
5. necklace
6. pile of bobby pins


7. mini Peanuts lunch box


8. picture frame
9. candles
10. shelf w/key hooks
11. vinyl tablecloth
12. Dune trading cards
13. Post-it holder
14. playing cards
15. puppy seat belt
16. double showerhead holder
17. locker lock


18. wireless mouse & keyboard
19. napkin


20. mail/desk organizer
21. unopened pack of underwear
22. Star Wars watch tin
23. unopened 2001 Peanuts calendar
24. tree topper

Um. That's not bad, right? Like I said before, the goal is *at least* one item a day. But when I'm going thru boxes, I'm not gonna stop at one thing unless there's only one thing I can find. In addition to these items, I also filled a trash bag w/misc paper, junk & broken stuff.

As for what is getting donated, tossed or sold... it's a big goal to try to not to throw a lot of usable things away. But, there are some items that I don't want even wanna bother with at a yard sale. Bigger stuff like the tree topper, desk organizer, etc., I'll stash in the basement for my spring yard sale. While clothes and knick-knacks will prolly get donated ASAP. But little random things like buttons from old jobs will just get tossed, because who would want those?

Alright, 1 day down... 364 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a member of the The Anti-Hate Blogger Gang, and leaving anonymous, hateful comments is not allowed. Please be nice.