Thursday, February 3, 2011

Foodz

I'm still going strong w/my vegetarian weekdays, here are some meals I have made in the past two weeks:

Spiced Lentil Tacos from Self Magazine - I have made these before and I highly recommend them. I don't miss the meat at all. The taco shells I already had in my pantry were unfortunately stale so I ate this like nachos instead. The sour cream mixture is great but for the most part, I left it off. Very delicious.

Quick Chickpea Curry from Everyday Food - Another recipe I've enjoyed before. Last time, I made couscous to serve it over but this time I picked up some whole grain naan bread to go with it. I refuse to use HFCS-tainted ketchup for anything other the occasional hot dog, so I substituted regular tomato sauce. I also used a pinch of cinnamon instead of the cinnamon stick, and no cloves (cause I didn't have any). Oh, plus extra curry powder & some cumin. Delicious.

Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad from Mark Bittman - I made this tonight. My first Bittman recipe! Which is odd, because I read (and loved) his book, Food Matters, which is full of recipes. And his old NYT column, which was full of recipes. This is super simple to make & soooooo good. I did the balsamic vinegar in the dressing. Fresh, light, just pure YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a member of the The Anti-Hate Blogger Gang, and leaving anonymous, hateful comments is not allowed. Please be nice.