Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Herbs: Part 3

I have tried to grow my own herbs twice already. The first time, Basil, Cilantro & Parsley died a slow death in my sunroom. Where the sun would suck them dry & I would not notice because I barely went in my sunroom. The second time was earlier this summer when I grabbed an adorable basil plant at the Italian grocery. This one was over-watered & after I set it outside to perk it up i - guess what? - forgot about it & it died. Third times a charm? Let's hope so.

Enter this lovely pot:

Sagaform Herb Pot TRIO

I bought said pot believing in was a self watering planter. But then I read that it's for fresh herbs, like the kind you buy at the store. Which is weird. But then I read somewhere else it's for growing herbs. Uh... OK.

So it finally came (I bought it 1/2 off on Gilt Groupe) & well, it has little plastic inserts for planting plants so I'm gonna try that. The worse thing that happens is that I kill more plants. I'm gonna go w/Basil, Cilantro & Garlic Chives. I'll take a photo once I'm done planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a member of the The Anti-Hate Blogger Gang, and leaving anonymous, hateful comments is not allowed. Please be nice.